Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Next Stop...Philadelphia

Yesterday I received my final information for staging (aka the 2-3 days of prep we receive before we board the plane for Mauritania). Our staging will take place in the "City of Brotherly Love" June 15-17. I made my flight arrangements today so no backing out now! Looks like I'll be flying out of Lexington on June 15th at 9:19am! Below is a schedule of what we'll be doing in Philly.

June 15
6-8pm Check-in and registration

June 16
6:45am Leave the hotel to go to the clinic to get our meds and shots
1-6pm Welcome to Peace Corps, Background, Managing Risk, Reflection, etc.

June 17
7:00am Depart Philly via bus to JFK Airport
3:50pm Plane departs for Mauritania!! (Nonstop - 8 hrs)

3 comments:

  1. I saw your blog on our parents RIM family site. I couldn't believe it when I figured out you were from Lex KY. My daughter is just finishing up her first year in Mauritania!! Who would have thought there would be 2 girls from Lexington in Mauritania! I would be happy to answer any questions you or your family might have. We've learned a lot. You can e-mail me if you wish....sumac3@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    I'm Bobbi, the secretary from United Presbyterian. Your mom sent us your blog address, so I am including it in the Sunday bulletin and the June newsletter. We'll all be watching your adventures!

    My 16 year old daughter wants to join the Peace Corp when she graduates college - and she was thrilled to hear you would be teaching English. This is what she wants to do, so she will also be following your adventures.

    Have a great and safe time!
    Bobbi Rightmyer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, what an interesting blog. I have learned so much just reading your site. Your are an inspiration to us all. As a Philly native let me suggest don't forget a cheese steak while you are in town. Pats steaks in south philly is my favorite, open 24 hours a day!

    ReplyDelete