Sunday, July 5, 2009

Please Stay In Touch!

Amy Wickliffe, PCT
Peace Corps
PO Box 6862
20 Nachtigal Street
Ausspannplatz
Windhoek
Namibia
Helpful Hints for keeping in touch with me....
  1. This address is also posted in the right column of my blog for easy reference. This address is only valid until October 15, 2009. Once my training concludes and I receive my permanent site placement I will have a new address and will post it as soon as I get it.
  2. The Peace Corps tells us that the mail system is reliable in Namibia (yay!), but it will probably take 2-3 weeks for the mail to actually reach me.
  3. Remember to write "Airmail" on the letter or package, otherwise I might not ever receive what you sent me as it could take up to a year for "ground" mail to get delivered across the pond.
  4. For those of you who have offered to send care packages (THANK YOU!), the best way to send items is to use padded envelopes - they are cheaper and easier to send and receive. Once I get established at my site I will post a list of items on this blog that I need and can't get in Namibia. Thank you again to those of you who have offered to send me little pieces of home!
  5. Remember you can always send me an email! I'm not sure how much access I will have, but I'll figure that out when I get over there. But I will be keeping my gmail account so send me an email and let me know how you're doing - AmyD.Wickliffe@gmail.com
  6. And last, but certainly not least - I WANT LETTERS FROM YOU! (and pictures)
Stay in touch!

2 comments:

  1. Amy,
    Hope you have arrived safely in Africa. You are in my thoughts each day. Enjoy all these new experiences which will be with you forever. I look forward to reading about all the adventures to come. Take care!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized you're probably not in Africa yet. So I wish you a safe journey. Can't wait to hear how it goes.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete