Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Two Months

Or sixty days….however you slice it - it’s getting close! Every day I can’t help but think about what I’ll miss the most during my 27 months in the sandbox. Obviously I’ll miss my friends and family…that’s a given. But I’m starting to savor random things that I love about the Bluegrass like…

Harry’s mini-cheeseburgers. My couch. Nail Envogue. Zac’s magic scissors. Yoga classes at Dudley Square. Starbucks. The Hills. Ellen and Joey’s patio (and garage). Derby. UK Basketball. K&Z’s pool. Atomic’s patio. Grouper fingers from Merrick. Party dresses. Dinner Club. My rooftop terrace. Reagan. The tavern. A good glass of Relax Riesling. A Flirtini from Buddy’s. Instant access to my email. Target. Washing machines. Bravo. Election nights. Us Weekly. My bamboo sheets. Lilly. Nars. Sephora. My pearls. Christmas morning mimosas with the fam. Smashbox. Bellini’s. Bourbon. Vogue. Walks at the arboretum. Peggy’s. Driving over the bridge to the Capitol. Ann Taylor. Keeneland. Milkshakes. Fireworks. Concord drycleaners. AJ’s Casuals. Mousetrap’s pimento cheese. My mom’s chicken and broccoli casserole. Lunch and margaritas with the ladies of MSS. Annual get-togethers with the girls of HHS. Gossip Girl.

While some things are a little sad or silly (and I’ll admit it, VERY random) ….I’m glad to know they’ll all be here whenever I get back (ok – maybe not The Hills if this really is Lauren’s last season but Speidi is bound to be out somewhere on TV makin’ a dime). For now, I’m winding things up in Frankfort getting ready for a month vacation before I pack it all up and start anew. Hope to see everyone very soon!

3 comments:

  1. I love you and I'm soooo happy and proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least we still have 2 months to squeeze all those things in! Or at least most of them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I ever, ever want to go to the pool again. How can I knowing that you're not there? Then again, we haven't had a hot day yet. OK, I'll think about you every time I jump in to cool off.

    ReplyDelete